Seedy Saturday - Heat and 'Adulting'

So the 'sad' news first. 

I canceled my cable TV. And with it went my access to NBC Sports and Tour de France coverage. So unless I want to pay $55 for a year-long pass to watch cycling on them, I can't view any of the coverage of this year's tour. 

My hand has hovered over the 'subscribe' button many times this past week. But I can't justify it. Plus, I really don't watch cycling that much except for the tour. So I pulled up my big-girl panties and will keep up with the winners of each stage this year and plan on something different for next  year.

Sigh...

And on top of that...

I really don't like hot and humid! With temperatures in the 90's and humidity to match, I don't like outside very much these days. Especially since this weekend I have to remove my 'architechual modifications' from my tomato bed. Plus mow the grass. 

However, I have been saving morning glory, cypress vine, zinnia, and cleome seeds over the past month. I will soon have enough I can participate in swaps with groups I belong to online. 

But in the meantime, my cherry tomatoes are ripening like crazy, along with peppers. 


I have a small watermelon and a sugar pie pumpkin, lemon cucumbers and peppers joining the mix.


My lilies are doing well and it looks like another pink one.

The plants I started from seeds I received in a swap are slowly coming along.


My Blanket Flower is doing well and I am encouraged I got them to germinate and grow. I can't wait until I get my own yard.


My Passion Fruit vines are growing slowly. But I can't wait for them to really start growing, but that will probably be next year.


On my list of 'chores' for the outside is repotting some of the seedlings and this Dutchman's Vine is a big one. I'll pot it up into a larger pot and nurse along until next year.


And I have a Canna Lily starting! I am so happy I actually am growing one from seed.

Actually, I have this desire to have a greenhouse and a huge yard thanks to 'Gardener's World' viewing and Monty Don, who advocates patience and starting your own seeds for transplanting.

But for now I have to wait for the dew to dry on the grass so I can mow. That means it will be hot before I start mowing. I will probably wait until after 6pm to attempt mowing, so more coffee and quilting is the way to start the day. 


Comments

Popular Posts