Seedy Saturday - In A Way


I have one little window in my room. And a LOT of plants. 

Some are on a shelves near the window, but I really need a better way for the plants in the window to actually get more light. The plastic shelf unit just isn't cutting it.

Plus...

I really dislike having my bed in a corner. I can't get around to the other side to 'make my bed'. Not that I am doing an army inspection, hospital corners bed making every day. I just want to be able to pull up the comforter and blankets and make it at least look neat. 

However, I like to be able to 'face' the door. Although, according to some, this is the 'coffin position'. Just like I really don't like my back to the door when at my desk. Ok, weird I know, but it's me. 

I think I am going to pull out one of the narrow desks I have in storage.  I will replace my current desk with it and put the desk in front of the window. It will give me a greater area for exposing the plants to the sunlight. Actually, the table I am currently using is more of a table and is a bit high for typing and writing. Could explain the shoulder and wrist issues recently. 

That means I need to move my bed because there will not be enough room to have the desk there and my bedside table and the bed. 

Therefore, I came up with layout #1. 

Please note, these are not drawn to scale in any form or fashion. So I am not really 100% sure it will work out. I don't need a lot of room around the bed in order to move to the other side to make the bed.   Also, with #1 I will still be facing the door in a way.

I came up with the #2 layout, placing the bed by the door. But I am not fond of being right by the door like that, so I probably won't happen. 

So Tuesday, my day off, I will be 'rearranging' my room. Not quite a peaceful day to rest up after a week of late nights closing the store, but should be fun.

Comments

Popular Posts