Food and Fun Friday - Can It!


The tomatoes (garden) has reached the stage of getting out of hand. Every vegetable gardener reaches that stage in the middle of summer when things are ready to harvest and the heat and humidity are high. 

The above is a handful of Mexico Midget tomatoes. 

Yep, 'real' tomatoes.

They are pea sized and like eating candy, they are so cute.

However...


These needed 'dealing' with.


I canned 6 quarts using the "NCTomatoMan" method from his book, Epic Tomatoes

Earlier in the week, Texter and I stopped by Bush-n-Vine on the way to pick up Lady K from her 3 week stay with her dad.



They have these huge beds of zinnias in front of the store. Also, a 'Little Library' has been erected at the store (reminder - bring books to fill it!) and Texter found a couple of Mary Higgins Clark to read.

I came home with green beans, okra, peaches and a couple of 'Sugar Cube' cantaloupe. Today, I want to visit my local Farmer's Market for some field peas and corn. I so miss the Raleigh Farmer's Market. It is the best ever!

But...

Before I hit the road to the Farmer's Market I need to eat breakfast.



I layered sliced peaches on the bottom of the pan and poured the batter over it. This Dutch Baby came out a little dense, but still really good. I will eat the whole thing over the next couple of days. I can put it in the fridge and nuke it for a few seconds to hit it up. But the whipped cream and cinnamon are so good on top with the peaches.

Now, more coffee and put on my shoes to go to the market. Then home to slatter on BenGay and find the heating pad for my back!

Comments

Popular Posts