Writing Wednesday - Camp NaNo is Coming!



April is approaching.

And while I had hoped to have my book, If You Cook, You Don't Do The Dishes, edited and out to beta readers by now. Alas, my mental state has been a bit funky the first part of the year. 

Therefore, I am planning on using Camp NaNoWriMo to do the editing.

Plus, who can resist a logo with a cup of hot tea and notebook on it. (Truthfully, I first saw this as a cup of coffee which appealed to me more!)

So I have pulled out my notebook which is filled with 2 copies of my rough (very rough) draft of the book. 




And I will be going through the notebook and editing, revising, adding, subtracting - all the verbs - during April.

Now there is a bit of a caveat.

It's gardening time. As in I need to get my garden prepped and slightly reconfigured for the coming growing season. I also have at least 3 plant sales I need help with and 1 event I need to be a participant in. Plus, if you read this coming Saturday's post, I have some garden reconfiguration to do, as well as, some garden structures to makes for my pole beans and small squash. 

However, now that I am switching my work hours from early morning to late afternoon/evening, I am very optimistic about getting it all done. Well, maybe most of it accomplished.

I will still be getting up at my 'crazy hour' as my co-worker thinks of my 4 a.m. start. That gives me a good three hours before it is light enough to go out into the yard and do anything. Which after I do my morning routine, I still have a couple of good writing hours.

Then out into the yard with the dogs. I can work 3-4 hours outside before I have to come in, eat some lunch and nap before going to work. Of course, fingers crossed, once the garden is 'in', I won't have to be 'working' in the garden as much. 

It also means I won't be trying to work outside during the hottest part of the day. 

And when I get home, I can let the dogs out and do a 'garden walk' before ending my day. That's the best part!

Anyway, I want to get the editing done so I can get the cookbook memoir out to beta readers and then start looking at getting it published. I will be indy publishing, but there is a lot of work to set all that up. 

I also have an idea for a couple of mystery books which I would love to co-write with a friend. I think it would be a lot of fun for both of us. And I would like to get it all prepped and notes made and ready to go for the two of us for NaNoWriMo in November. 

Did I mention I am also trying to design a garden planner for the herb society for 2024? 

I think I have a full plate!



 

Comments

Popular Posts