Positive Focus Sunday - Exploring New Places - Camp North End

I have been a member of Meetup.com for several years now. I don't really utilize it very much, but a new group just started and I was interested enough to give it a try.

It's a writing group. And I thought it would be a good way to have some accountability for my writing. Plus, it would allow me to get out and meet some new people - other writers.

So this past Thursday I attended my first meetup. It was at Hex Coffee in Camp North End

First off, Camp North End is not all that far up the road from where I use to live in Charlotte. And fairly easy to get to. I haven't explored much of downtown Charlotte, even after five years of living here. But Camp North End is just on the edge of the downtown area. I arrived a tad early because I wasn't exactly sure where to go. Plus I had noticed there was a store I wanted to visit. 

After parking in a large lot, I walked into the complex.

First off, it's a series of what use to be some industrial buildings which have been renovated into very up-scale and interesting business and boutique style shops. Good Postage was the shop I wanted to visit.


Camp North End is so bright and eclectic! Plus there is a lot of places to sit and enjoy the whole atmosphere, as the buildings are spread out. Graffiti-style art on the buildings, air stream trailers for food trucks makes this a really interesting and fun place to visit. While kids would love playing with the large lego bricks, adults would probably have to get in on the fun too!

Good Postage is a stationary store. I was interested in seeing they did have fountain pens. Not a large store, Good Postage is packed with more goodies than I could take in. If I ever want a Travelers Notebook this is the place to come. Other planners and notebooks abound. PLUS - Hobinichi planners are set to join the inventory for 2024! I can't wait. 

I did purchase another Kaweco Sport fountain pen in dark green. And some dark green ink cartridges. And some stickers. I can't wait to go back.

NOTE: The whole complex takes cards only, no cash. 

I then went into Hex Coffee for the writing meetup. 

It was just me and the leader of the group. Plus, apparently there was some kind of business meeting going on, but we had a nice view from the seating we had.


Very clean and minimalist looking, the staff is extremely friendly and the atmosphere is nice. I did manage to get a lot accomplished in the couple of hours I was there.

Leaving Hex, I stopped at Wentworth and Feen. A bakery, it's not cheap, but you won't find anything like the products you find here at your local grocery store. I walked out with a Smoked Salt Garlic Knot loaf and a Peach Cobbler Cookie. 

There was a quick walk through of Grow. Plants, body care items - oh, my! I can see a lot of gifts for friends, and myself, coming from there.

The last stop before heading home was at Lokal, which is a collective of several small shops under one roof. Immediately upon entering I found items I am coming back for - for Texter and myself! 



The landscaping itself is so interesting! Native plants which blended in and looked as trendy as the rest of the complex. 


This was such a delight to see. Native plants used as commercial landscaping! It also gave me lots of inspiration for my own garden.


The only drawback?

This is a complex pretty much run by twenty and thirty-somethings. And visited by 20-and-30-somethings. In cute, trendy little outfits. Not many frumpy 60+ somethings strolling about. It was hot. Very hot. So us oldies, but goodies, usually have the sense to stay somewhere cool (temperature-wise) until Mother Nature cools down. 

However, that will not stop me from visiting again (and again and again)! Plus, I need to get my 'F*** all' necklace or bracelet from Lokal.











Comments

Popular Posts