Week In Review - August 27 - September 2

This week could be described as 'hot and smokin' and I'm not talking about myself!


These are about the only hills you can see around Helena these days and most days just vaguely. My daily routine now includes checking the air quality and we have been in the red for much of the week. It's sad when we celebrate 'slipping' from red (hazardous) to yellow (moderate). 

Lady K has been bummed because the day care will not (thank goodness) take the kids outside to play once it hits orange (hazardous for sensitive groups). 

Speak of which, Lady K is THRILLED to be back in school! (But not as much as me!) Texter is thrilled to be back in school as this signals the final push to the end of school come May.

Otherwise this week...


it's been a frenzy at the sewing machine and getting my 'hedgehog haircut'.

  • ventured out to Quilt Guru's studio and picked up some more fabric and met her assistant
  • early birthday present of 'Fear No Fabric' workshop in October from Texter
  • started back at the gym and got in a workout on Saturday
  • started drinking the Be Well Teas 'cleanse' trio (not too yucky)
  • asked to do a stress reduction/time management presentation to some college freshmen later in the month (ego boost!)
  • selected what I will order from Hobonichi for 2018 and have it on hold until October 1 and all the initial frenzy is over
  • cut out the centers for my Noodle Box quilt and realized after I had cut out the 20 centers I was 'off' by a quarter of an inch all the way around!
  • finalized a design for my Tree of Life panel quilt

So this coming week...

  • test changes to Noodle Box and see where I need to make other adjustments to fix my screw up
  • work on piecing the backs of quilts which need it so they are ready to go
  • try my hand at free motion quilting on a couple of the smaller quilts
  • work on sorting scraps
  • see which blocks for the Pride Quilt I can make with the fabrics I already have
  • daily workouts at the gym
  • design the Flying Witch Window Quilt and see what I need
  • attend West Mont Fun Day on Saturday with Lady K
  • slot in some knitting and reading

But for now, air conditioner is running and I need more coffee to get the taste of the cleanse tea out of my mouth!


Comments

Popular Posts