Ansel Adams Revisited



I have always enjoyed Ansel Adams photography.  And there is probably no one who has seen his work that doesn't know it is an 'Ansel Adams' picture.  Even if you don't know the photographer, you know the style.  Huge, sweeping vistas of mountains and canyons.  Black and white.



This is a picture of the Tetons and Snake River which was included with the pictures sent on the Voyager spacecraft.

Most photographers would die to have their work liken to Adams.

Anyway......

In school this semester I am taking a photography class.  And my assignment this week was to do a presentation on a photographer and I selected Ansel Adams.  If you are going to spend time doing something you might as well enjoy it.

First off, I was delighted to find out that the PBS series "American Experience" had profiled Adams.  So I had an enjoyable one and a half hours learning even more about Adams' life and photography.  You can watch it on YouTube here

But like when I went to the Monet exhibit and found out he had painted more than just waterlilies, I was delighted to learn Adams took pictures of more than just huge landscapes.  I have a new favorite.....



This is a rose and driftwood.  The detail and the tonal qualities of this picture is to die for.  One day...maybe....

Comments

Popular Posts