"Sunny" Update

This past week has been a bit crazy.  I went from retirement to semi-retirement and loving it.  I am now a circulation assistant at the Lewis and Clark Library in Helena.  Can I tell you how much of a dream job this is!

Also, school started on Friday.  I am taking a full load of classes, so getting organized with the new job, new class and a new home is a bit of a juggling act.  But I have had time to stop and smell the 'sunflower'.


This is a volunteer from the bird feeder seeds.  I think at last count there were 11 flower buds up and down this jewel.  Three days ago he looked like this.....


And last night, he looked like this....


His little face is getting all filled in.  I have him tied off to the fence so he doesn't fall all the way over out of the planter.  I can't wait until all the flowers are open and the birds start feeding on him.  I don't think the squirrels will be an issue as they have met their demise (sadly).

But around the sunflower, my tomatoes are peppers are doing well.  I canned a pint of yellow cherry tomato juice this past week.  Will make the start of a nice soup this winter, even if dealing with cherry tomatoes are a pain to deal with.




I also pickled the peppers.  Hopefully, they will turn out ok and I can use them on nachos this winter.  I also canned a pint and a half of Flathead cherry (with peaches) jam.  

I also managed to catch up on my Tula Pink blocks.  Here are the latest 10 blocks.  I now have 40 of the 100 blocks.  I really can't wait until they are all done and set into a quilt.



So now I am off to work again, but will stop and smell the sunflower this evening when I sit on the patio and read my homework assignments. 



Comments

Popular Posts