Week In Review - March 25 - 31


It's been an interesting week. Beautiful sunrises. Warmer temperatures (ok, 30's and 40's are warmer than -16!) Hints of spring in the air. And then snow yesterday. 

Luckily, it melted by the time nightfall started. Well, almost all of it.

Yesterday, I watched Texter go through her room, sorting and packing up items she was going to need FOR THE NEXT SIX WEEKS! 

Yep, we are on a major countdown. Six weeks until we pull out. So just a heads up I probably won't have a post on May 13 as we will be turning in our internet 'stuff' to the cable company on the 12th.  And I will be without my mattress for about 4 days at that time as the moving van is set to pull out on the 9th of May in order to be at our new address on the 18th of May (when I have a lot of 'helpers' to unload).

Savvy and CJ are scheduled out in 3 weeks. CJ is chomping at the bit to leave (and has for several months now). But Savvy is being honored at a manager's meeting at work and she wants her plague! She worked hard to be one of the top 10 salespersons in the chain (usually held by only managers).
So they pull out on the 22nd, and if CJ has his way, they will probably be there by the 24th! Of course, they will have Noel in the car with them and she is a better rider than Savvy. Savvy wants to quit the journey after about 3 hours.

And we pull out on the 13th of May. Texter and Lady K are being dropped off in Bozeman to catch a flight to South Carolina where they will stay with another set of grandparents until I arrive in North Carolina. 

For myself, the first day or two I am taking a bit of a round-about way to get to North Carolina. My plan (at the moment) is to drop them at the airport and then head through Yellowstone. I haven't stopped on my previous visits at Great Prismatic Springs. Texter has put in a request for a couple of items from the stores in Yellowstone too.

Then I will continue through Yellowstone and go south into the Grand Teton National Park. I figure I can drive through and get an 'overview'. And of course, another stop at one of their stores in the park to pick up postcards and other items. Because I will be traveling from Yellowstone to Grand Teton National Park, I should be on the John D. Rockefller, Jr. Memorial Parkway and another stop for souvenirs maybe. 

Afterward, depending on how things are going (and the time), I will drive via Louisville, Colorado and Fantasy Orchids. Don't judge me! 

After that, it is pedal to the metal to get to 1904 Darbywine Drive in Charlotte. I will be driving across Kansas but will be giving a pass to stopping a seeing an old friend (sorry Gloria). I will have Amani with me and will be on day 2 of napping and driving and will be anxious to get to my destination. It wouldn't be a good time to stop for me.

If all goes as planned, I should be pulling into Charlotte on the 16th (maybe even the 15th late). I have made the drive in 3 days before, but I have the dog with me, so will be stopping a bit more. That will give me a day or two before the van arrives and unpacking starts. Texter, Lady K and 'family' should be arriving probably on the 19th. 

The day or so I have before everyone arrives will be spent unloading and cleaning the minivan and discovering where the Farmer's Market is. And maybe a quick trip to Oakdale Greenhouses and another nursery for some herb plants and tomato plants. 

But in the meantime, also this past week...

  • Got replacement frames for my glasses (and awaiting my new pair of glasses)
  • Lost 1.8 pounds and now at a total of 8 pounds down with Weight Watchers
  • Texter to Driver's License office to get her ID reissued. Her old one expires on the 13th, the day she is traveling, and doesn't want issues with TSA.
  • A loaf of Asiago Bread made for Savvy for work.
  • An impulsive trip to Missoula with Texter and Lady K and discovered a new herb shop and I picked up a 'wishing well' for my altar and a new deck of tarot cards.
  • Stopped by the spring on MacDonald Pass and filled up some water jugs. Plan on doing it again before we leave, mainly for me to drink to counteract the ton of Monster Tacos from Jack-in-the-Box and frappucinos from Starbucks.
  • Bought myself a new orchid (a Miltonia with 7 flower spikes) marked down from the grocery store.

This coming week...

  • My new glasses should be in
  • Go see "Wrinkle in Time"
  • Lunch with 'my gang' on Wednesday
  • Winding up a couple of projects and a bit of packing and sorting
  • A load of bags to Goodwill and to the preschool with clothes outgrown and unwanted
  • A bit of packing in my room and 'office' area

But for now, it's another cup of coffee and the start of fixing an Easter lunch.


Comments

Popular Posts