Food and Fiber Friday - 'BLT' Quiche

In my garden, amid the weeds, are a few Swiss chard plants which were planted in the spring of 2023. And they will not die!

I am not a cooked greens person. The only thing I have used the chard for is to add to salads. When I remember it is out there. So I decided I would 'hide' the chard in something cooked. In my quest to eat 'better', I decided to add it into a quiche.

Now I am not really a quiche fan either. So two strikes against my idea, even before I ever started. But I pushed on. While looking for recipes for quiche where I could incorporate the chard, I came across a 'crustless Swiss chard quiche'. And in looking at other recipes I decided to throw in some bacon bits and top with a sliced Roma tomato. 

Tada!

Bacon, Lettuce (Swiss chard), Tomato quiche!




After pulling it from the oven, if nothing else, it looked pretty. And it smelled pretty good too. So I was optimistic about the outcome. After all, I wanted some for breakfast/brunch and then to put a couple of slices in the freezer for future use and a couple in the fridge to reheat for breakfast later in the week.




So on a rainy Saturday, my back killing me, I added some fresh strawberries to the plate for a nice brunch before laying down on the heating pad. 

I was surprised. It was better than I expected, despite not being a fan of quiche. 

Now to harvest more Swiss chard for use for this salad recipe with parmesan, lemon and bread crumbs




Comments

Popular Posts