Friday Fun - I am Planning!

I'm off work today and have a to-do list which includes a lot of planning. But I know only a bit of it will get done as I also need to get some plants in pots. Plus a trip to the post office to mail off a book. 

Anyway...

With the state of the world these days, many of the things we might normally do are curtailed. I am a bit bummed out that my annual dose of cycling in July (Tour de France) has been postponed until the very end of August into September! 

So I started a list of things I want to do this summer. 


Texter, Lady K and I have already done the first thing on the list - 'Hendersonville Trip' - when we went to do the butterflies and pick up more plants. (I am starting to really love Hendersonville.) But we are planning another trip this summer, hopefully bringing Savvy along to 'pan' for gems. 

Cherry picking at Levering Orchard will come up soon. Texter went when she was only a couple of years older than Lady K, so it will be fun. 

With the exception of Carowinds - which who knows will open up when - most of these are either not at all crowded or are outside, so easy to maintain social distancing or both. In fact, Texter and I are planning on attending a Lavender festival in June and a Fairy Festival in July. 

Both the Lavender and the Fairy Festival are free to attend, so it's only the gas to get there and anything we might want to purchase. We usually take a 'picnic basket', so buying food isn't usually something we do. 

I find planning these outings for Lady K and me help keep me from going nuts. And she likes to 'hike', so trips to some state parks and a bit of hiking are on the radar also. 

There are things we can still do - most free - and still keep 'safe'. If you hear about anything I can add to my list, let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts