Seedy Saturday - And Yet More Planting!

Friday I was off, so I HAD to get some things into pots. I was up early and picked up a couple of HUGE bags of potting soil. I realize I am quickly getting to the age the biggest bag is something I am going to have to forgo and drop down in size (and pay more money). But lifting 70 pounds of soil is not something I can really do with ease these days.

Anyway...

I had several tomatoes and peppers to pot up. 



Which meant sitting on the porch and making holes in pots. And waiting for yet more rain to come in. 




A bit of rearranging and setting the new pots in with the 'old' pots. Which also leads to some plant checking. I do have one of the blue pots where there were some caterpillars nibbling. I doused it with my spray, but since it rained, I will need to reapply. And watch.


My aphid problem is decreasing, but I still have some. But I also have tomatoes on all my first round of tomatoes. It is so much fun to walk out and see tomatoes!


My Santa Fe Grande peppers are getting bigger. They should start turning orange soon and then red. They are supposed to be a tad milder than a jalapeño. Will find out soon. The other peppers are starting to set and I do have some tiny banana peppers and a jalapeño pepper.



The blueberry bush is loaded! Hopefully, it won't be much longer and we can pick berries.


I had picked up a piece of ginger at the store about a month ago. It was so 'fresh', the eyes on the hand of ginger looked really nice. So I planted it. And now I have a sprout about an inch tall. Hopefully, there will be more sprouts shortly. I would love to get a ginger to bloom for me. 

But right now it is sitting in my 'tropical' area.


The banana trees are about 5 feet tall now. Plus there is a 'volunteer' tomato plant in there which will soon be transplanted. I have another tomato and 3 peppers which need to be potted up, but I need more potting soil.

So two hours outside in the 74 degree Friday morning had me sweating like crazy. While the temperature was mild, the dew point was 70%, so it felt like 83 degrees and like I was working in a sauna. 

I came in, showered, and the thunder and lightning and more rain arrived. 

Nap time! 

Comments

Popular Posts