Week in Review - May 24 - 30

Despite it being a rainy week, sunshine did appear on Saturday for the whole day! I know my tomatoes and peppers were happy.

There was one morning last week the sun did show its face on my way to work.



It was a nice omen for Wednesday when Texter, Lady K and I headed to Hendersonville again. Butterflies, rock and plants were on the radar. Along with the misty roads we met when we started getting into the mountains. 



The downside of this trip was that Texter and I want to go back and get the HUGE tub of dirt to go through. However...

We are also planning a trip in one year to Montana - attending Miscon where two of my favorite authors will be featured, seeing old friends, and detouring through the National Parks while we are there. Plus detours, which are actually on our way, to see a couple of friends in other states. I figure it will be about two weeks on the road, but worth it. So a budget plan is up on the wall in addition to the  savings for the house. So HUGE tub of rocks may or may not happen this year.

But in my tub from this trip I had a triple geode which the staff kindly cracks open for us. Texter had two in her tub.


This part of the geode looked like an owl to us. Really cool. 

Friday was spent planting up the 'new' seedlings I received on Wednesday's trip. Get a full report on that here

Otherwise this week...

  • June plans made and on a calendar up on the wall to remind me of posts and 'stuff'
  • Budget review made and June budget set up
  • Face masks or shields now required at work - headaches caused by the shield, but I can't use the masks as it gives me a panic attack
  • Walked over 5000 steps 5 days. However, Friday, where I gardened, I feel should count for more steps. So I'll just pout about it.
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Finished 2 books - I need to up my book reading!
  • Set up a tracking sheet for my plants I am suppose to be reporting back on

This coming week...

  • Take Lady K to pick up her school stuff from school. I know there will be some tears, so we will probably do a picnic or something afterwards.
  • Oil change - and I have enough in points for it to be a free oil change
  • Taking an extra day off this week (I have holiday pay to use) so I can loan my car to Mr. RaceCar and Texter to take dog and cat to the vet with ease.
  • Saturday will be the Lavender Festival in Dallas, North Carolina. Unfortunately, Lady K will be with her dad, so it will be an 'adult' outing

But for now, more coffee and gearing up to train another office person at work.

Comments

Popular Posts