Rainy Sunday Update

Does this count as housework? Cleaning? No, but it is a gray, rainy Sunday and I HAVE done a load of laundry (or "warsh") and a load of dishes. The girls are quietly in bed. OK, it's only 7am, but this body can't change the "time to get out of bed" regardless of the day of the week.

I wasn't going to take pictures. Being very lazy, but decided it wouldn't be the same. I did have plans to go outside with these and set them in the grass and take their pictures, but we would have all been wet. This is the final verison of the duck which morphed into a chicken laying down, like the duck, and then became a sitting chicken with feathers. It's a Lion Brand free pattern.

And then there is the over-stuffed fox. He too is a Lion Brand pattern.
Posted by Picasa Then there is my WIP. This is the linen towel from Mason-Dixon Knitting. Like everyone else I took one look at the book and had to have it. I plan to do the mitered blocks to use up scrap yarn. The linen towel is for my Mom for Mother's day (hopefully). I have never knit with linen before, so it is a little interesting. A little stiff and scratchy. I will be very interested to see if it does get soft and fluffy when washed (or "warshed" as we say south of the Mason-Dixon line).



Right now I am suffering from Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival envy. So much so that I have investigated how far away (5.5 hours) and started my money jar for next year. I want to go!!!!
And buy!!!!

On the tomato front, things have been doing great guns. Just enough warm weather to really shoot the 'maters on up there. Most of them are 12-18 inches tall now with blooms. My White Oxheart and Green Grape however, are looking a little sad. They might hit the trash heap if they don't pick up in the next week. Have lost one bell pepper, my Orange Bell. So I will see if I can replace that in the coming week.

But a list of what is in the garden I will save for another day. Too much effort today. Am happy to say that with the rain on Friday night and the rain today I won't have to water this week. And I did get alot of the lawn mowed before it started.

Off to pretend to clean house!

Comments

  1. Oh your towel looks gorgeous! I had fun knitting mine, and I'm enjoying the second one too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts