Killed Two Machines......

This is an update without pictures....which will tell you how things are going! I have a suit to make by next weekend (Memorial Day Weekend) and have managed to kill both my sewing machine and Best Friend's machine and I am on another friend's machine. Hopefully, I won't kill this one until said costume is complete.

Knitting-wise, I am hooked on the Peaches and Creme washcloth reprinted in Mason-Dixon Knitting. I did a combo of blue/yellow for my mother and grandmother for Mother's Day and got those off. Also with the linen hand towel. I was concerned about the linen and if it would really soften up when washed....and it did. So nicely that I want to make a linen tee now.

But the washcloth is a no-brain knitter, perfect for knitting at work. I am using up the odds and ends from the Crystal Palace Cotton chenille and the variegated cotton yarns I have on hand to make some for my "instant gift" stash. I also have 3 skeins of some alpaca lace yarn in black to try my hand at a lace shawl for Goth Daughter. I have attempted to start it several times and haven't made a satisfactory start as of yet. But once May is over and the Animazement convention is over, I will try again.

I have a pair of socks in the works that will go with me to the convention so I can sit and knit while all the girls are "conventioning".

Tomato front.......all the plants are in bloom. John's Big Orange is only about 12 inches tall and covered in blooms and now baby tomatoes. Most of the plants should have babies on them within the next week. We have been very fortunate to have a nice rain at least once a week and temperatures have not been that hot....yet. Suppose to get into the 80's and almost 90 this weekend, so that should really make them grow.

Off to sew!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts