Major Writing Starts in 4 Days

Yep, let’s combine a crazy ‘write till you drop’ schedule into a work/school work schedule.  But then that’s why I’m on meds!  Oops, did I say that?  Anyway, November 1 starts National Novel Writing Month (again) and this time I hope to make it through the month and come out the other end with my 50,000 words.

nanowrimo_participant_09_120x240

(Interrupted by cat opening the cabinet door with the pots and pans and deciding he needed to be at the back of the cabinet.  Very noisy at 8:30am.)

This year I have a little more planning involved in what I am going to do.  I will either (1) work on the combination cookbook/family story book I have been collecting notes on for decades or (2) a trashy, paranormal romance using the names of 2 of my ancestors, Grief and Mourning.  They were twins born after their father died.  I have always been intrigued by their names.  They are a warlock and witch – one accepts their calling, the other doesn’t.

Now if I go with the cookbook, I will finally get a project off my desk and possibly into a self-printed form.  I want to add photos of food stuff I have made myself to illustrate the book – but that would come later.  On the other hand, trashy romance sounds more fun that my regular life.  Unfortunately, other than names, I really don’t have any real story line in mind.  So four days to decide which direction I’m heading.

But I do have someone I know who will be doing NaNoWriMo also, so maybe we can motivate each other.  This is the first year I actually know someone who is participating.  Netflix and Hulu will have to be put on hold.  Pandora will get a workout as my background noise.  I really need to get Savvy to make me a CD of celtic/fairy music to work by for my stories.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts