Whatever Thursday - Encyclopedia of Me - R

R



I love rain. In fact, if I were to call in 'sick' it would be on a rainy day rather than a sunny day. I love to hear the sound of rain on the roof. There is no better napping/sleeping weather than to curl up in bed, all nice and warm, and listen to the rain. Especially if I can have the windows open.

And give me a good thunderstorm! That is just icing on the cake.

Renaissance Faires


I took the girls to their first Ren Faire when they were fairly young. I think Savvy was in middle school and Texter in 5th grade. And the rest is history, in more ways than one.

The next year we were back as part of the crew for the faire. As years went by I sewed 'privateer' (pirate) garb and noble woman's garb for the two of them. I was usually part of the tech crew and ran errands all during the day while my daughters were playing their roles.

Oh, the history lessons we learned and the things I learned about sewing garb. I can cartridge pleat the hell out of a skirt!






 

Comments

Popular Posts