Eating Breakfast the Upper Crust Style

There is a little gem in Raleigh which I have fallen in love with, Lafayette Village.  So much so I could probably move in there.  So when Texter and I were looking for a spot of breakfast before errand running on Saturday, we stopped at Upper Crust Pie and Bakery.  Actually, Texter (and baby) were craving chocolate meringue pie and I didn’t have the time, ingredients or desire to make one for her.  I thought of this pie shop (which I had never actually been in) and off we went.

Caitlan is in thralled with the cakes and pies.  As you can see, Texter was enthralled with the bakery case while we were waiting for our breakfast to be served.  This is what she was in awe of….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  Yep, just a few goodies I wouldn’t mind taking home with me.  Actually, at 8:30 a.m., these pumpkin Napoleons looked pretty darn good. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA We both had French Toast for breakfast.  I had the ‘plain’ French toast and she had the Nutella stuffed French toast.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  My toast was wonderful.  It was warm, tender and I couldn’t shove it in my mouth fast enough.  I was trying to be cool, like I ate at something other than McDonalds for breakfast, but it was too good.  At first I thought the amount of syrup they gave me was a little skimpy, but it was more than enough.  The strawberries were sliced so I could remove the hull and have a bite with my toast.   Then there was Texter’s Nutella Stuffed French toast…..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  First off, we are not a family to shy away from sweets.  I am personally responsible for keeping the per capita consumption of sugar high.  However, it was all she could do to make it through one slice of the toast.  Not only was it stuffed, but they also put chocolate chips on top of each slice.  This is definitely a meal you share with at least one other person and have a large glass of milk with.  She and ‘Gomer’ enjoyed every bite and it satisfied her craving for chocolate meringue pie for the moment.

As we left to wander briefly around the center (Texter hadn’t been there before), there was a table set up outside (the weather was beautiful) for a party that was coming in.  Savvy would be sitting down here in a heartbeat!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  So after a wonderful breakfast and start to a lovely day, we left to start our errands.  More about the “under $50 maternity ball gown” later.

 

Comments

Popular Posts