My First "Day Off" Results

With the new semester, my work schedule and Lady K now in 'school', Tuesday's are MY day!  I have a full day to myself.  Well, at least 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.  I had a whole list of things planned for the day on my calendar.  But I walk back into the house and look at this...


Boxes on top of stuff, clutter everywhere.  And this is just about a fourth of the living area.  The other side is my desk/computer and then the rest of the large room is filled with entertainment center, sectional couch, recliner, and Lady K's toys.  Everywhere.

So I spent the morning removing things, like paint buckets, from the front closet and putting items we need to get to, but can be out of the way.  Some of the toys went back downstairs.  My sewing corner is a little neater, but I am still trying to decide where I can put some things.  Actually, some of it could go back down in the basement where I have the rest of my sewing stuff.  I'm just too lazy to want to walk back and forth.


Of course, when I was ready to nap, I had two sets of very quizzical looks as I was urging them off my warm flannel sheets.  I know, I'm a terrible pet owner.  But technically they aren't mine anyway.

I did manage to dive into one of the green bins which holds the majority of my fabric to work with.  I took some of Lady K's bins which were not being used by her toys and sorted into colors.  One of these days I might be a 'real' quilter with neatly sorted fabric. While I was at it, I pulled the fabric I had for the Modern HST QAL I am participating in, just to see if I was going to have enough fabric.


The fabric is from 2  or 3 different collections, but they play together well.  So at least for this top I'm not going to have to buy any fabric.

Also, while I was going through fabric, I pulled a piece I am going to use for my mini-quilt using the dark Twinkle Star block.


I am going to use the backing as a self binding since I will only need a really narrow binding.  No wait!  I think I will add a border to the front in this fabric to protect the points on my star.  Then I can go back through and cut another piece for the backing.  Of course, it also means I have to find something for a binding.  Back to the bin!

Since I wasn't in the mood to work on sewing 98 HST's together to form blocks to go on the Mystery Quilt, I took what was already sewn to see what at least one of the two blocks look like.


It's bright!  I can't wait to see what happens when I add the other block which is more of the red and neutrals.

So this week I hope to get the border on the Twinkle Star and find something I want for the binding.  And since I have a 4 day weekend coming up with the President's Day Holiday, I want to get the Mystery Quilt together and set aside to find borders and backing for.  And maybe finish up my purple sock to boot!

Not bad for my first day off.  Can't wait until next week!

Comments

  1. I really need to go through all my fabric and see what I have and what I need. Great start for your first day off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts