Seedy Saturday - Growing and Moving Soon

Well, originally I was expecting to be in the midst of moving into my forever home. However, it has been postponed by 8 days.

Sigh...

The weather has also been 'bumming' out - from the low 70's to the 40's, below freezing at night for a couple of days now. 

And I've been sitting here pouting like a big frog.

But...


How can I pout for long with a display like this. A pot overflowing with lovely multi-petaled tulips.

And speaking of bulbs, I have about 15 'kits' of amaryllis and paper whites to plant out at my new home. I'm not going to bother with letting them grow inside first, but popping them right into the grounds. The amaryllis will probably bloom this year for me. Plus the kids have these wonderfully glazed clay pots and I will use them for cache pots for the plants indoors. 


The patio is looking a right mess. Everything is in a holding pattern. I moved the tomatoes out of their milk jugs into individual pots. And then comes the freeze warning. So overnight I am covering them with the black pots.



I'm pleased with how the winter sowing has turned out and am very hopeful with how they will turn out. A few of them will go to other gardeners as I will be getting some tomatoes from my tomato man in a few weeks, along with some peppers.


I can't wait to get to the house where I can set up a large pot with a pole and twine for my sweet peas. They are ready to go into their own 'forever home'.

Last fall I bought 4 thornless raspberries from Lowe's. And I put them into two large tubs. Cutting them back, they sat there all winter, looking a bit sad.



I'll leave them in the containers until fall where I will transplant them along the fence beside the house. 

Another seedling emerging that I am really excited about is for the Green Hummingbird Plant.


I planted out 3 seeds and only one has emerged. This is in addition to the 3 I sowed inside. So one little one I will nurse along. Since it is a tall shrub, I think I'll probably wind up putting it one the back side of the house which faces west. Hopefully, it will like the sunny, warm site.

But not everything is coming with me.


Coming up in this front bed are 7 amaryllis I planted last year from bulbs left over from Christmas of 2019. I was wondering how they would survive the winter being so close to the surface and they did just fine. Also are several little clumps of lemon balm. Since neither of the kids are gardeners they should be just fine on their own.



After Easter last year I planted out some 'rescued' lilies. They finished blooming and sat there during the summer and died back. Lo and behold, they are growing again! And one looks like it has spread a bit too. 

Once again, they should be fine with the kids not caring for them.

But hopefully, next Saturday, I will post a picture of all my pots and seedlings and garden 'stuff' sitting at their new home. Or at least in the process of getting there. Not to mention their friends which are in the house. Monday should bring warm weather again, so everyone should love the warmer temperatures!























Comments

Popular Posts