Yeah...

Well, it has been a while. I wish I could put all the blame on writing for NaNoWriMo. But I can't. 

Circumstances have changed a bit in my household. Foxy is back with me. She and Mr. Cobra decided they are better off friends than being a married couple. 

So in she has come. Which means all the TONS of boxes of yarn and fabric and 'stuff' had to be rearranged, sorted through, reboxed, moved downstairs into the closet or donated. Or given away. 

It also means after struggling to get my head around being alone in the house (I don't count Ruby, Slider and the 4 cats) I now have to adjust to having someone here again. Not that it is big deal. She stays upstairs for the most part. And upstairs is a pretty generous room and bathroom. We did have to 'up' the internet so she could have enough 'heft' to stream, but other than that and mealtimes, I really don't notice she is here.

But Ruby does.

Ruby growls and barks at her. To the point I had to get a bark collar. She is ssslllooowwwwlllyyyy getting better. But I'm not sure if Ruby is trying to protect me from Foxy or if I am supposed to be protecting her from Foxy. Therefore, I have both Slider and Ruby wanting to be attached to me at all times. Two 100 pound dogs DO make your butt look bigger!

On a positive note, I have completed my 40 required hours of volunteer work for Extension Master Gardener. I had until December, 2025 to complete this requirement, so I have completed a year in advance. While I am not the first one in my class to do so, it is now over with. Therefore, I am 'officially' an Extension Master Gardener - no longer an intern. 

For the first time in ages, I did not cook a full Thanksgiving dinner. It was a bit strange. Foxy, Lady K and I went to a friend of Foxy's in High Point to a meal she and her husband were hosting for friends and family. It was a wonderful time, with a great group of people. For the most part they all had a bit of an artistic lifestyle. And you can imagine when I was introduced to two young men who were into orchids and bonsai. With a greenhouse. I almost went home with them.

There were fiber artists, people who read books and did jigsaw puzzles, and the host had started an actual record collection and had several albums which took me back many decades. A really fun time. But after about 3 hours, Foxy, Lady K and I had had our socialization for the month! Oh, and they had a bunny name Yumi which was eating a little pumpkin in the back room (studio) where Lady K could sit and chill with her iPad playing games. 

I've managed to get the 150 tulip bulbs into the ground all over the yard. Along with some alliums and a dozen of Nectaroscordum. I bought a bulb of Inchelium Red soft neck garlic and planted the 11 cloves in the garden. Actually, I need to dig up the garlic and move it as I planted it near the asparagus. I should have checked my companion planting before, and not after, planting. 

I also opened my mouth at another garden club I am in and now, I am administrator of their new private Facebook group. One day...

So for the coming week...

  • Pick up Lady K for the weekend with us
  • Meet with a librarian about how to set up a seed bank in her branch library
  • Writing a TON of blog posts for the Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society
  • Writing several posts for my own website
  • Planning out some things I want to and need to do in 2024

But for now I need to figure out how to hang a light in the greenhouse outside so I can keep the temperatures up some at night before I go to work

 

Comments

Popular Posts