Bookish Thursday - Bookish Update!



While I feel like I haven't been doing some of the things I need to be doing - like mowing and watering the garden - I have been reading. So far, as of the end of June, I have read (or attempted to read) 105 books. 

With the rearranging of the living room and a couple of new bookcases, I have really been whizzing through books, both print and audio. I need to up my e-book consumption, especially since I added who knows how many books with the 'Stuff Your Kindle' day the end of June. 

I have brought a few books already in July. A few self-help books (and boy, do I need help!) and some fiction. I am addicted to Freida McFadden. Her mystery thrillers are delightful and have a great twist at the end usually. They aren't unbelievable and I sit there going...ok, yeah, I see that!

Taking Lady K to the mall with the mandatory stop at the bookstore, we both picked up some books. I got the two T. J. Klune books with the sprayed edges. I have been wanting to read these. A bonus, Lady K is interested in reading them too. 




With the weather here in North Carolina being hot and humid earlier than usual, I have had zero desire to be outside. So reading is a great activity to avoid the housework which needs to be happening. 

My goal is to hit at least 200 books this year. And I am already halfway there, thanks to audio books at work. In the meantime, it's feet up on the ottoman, iced tea at hand and a good book to read!

 

Comments

Popular Posts