Friday Fiber and Fabrics - A Look Back

One thing I have participated in since moving to Montana is 'shop hops'. Montana is filled with some great quilt stores and quilters and a shop hop is a chance to branch out and discover new stores. Last summer I was lucky enough to even win a great iron from one of the stores.

One of the stores which I 'discovered' was Dysfunctional Quilts in Whitehall, Montana. On March 17, she had her annual sale which included $1 a yard fabric and 40% off the rest of the store. Music to a quilter's ears!

So I loaded up a fellow enabler quilter and off we went.


Even though we were there well before the 9:30 am start time, we were about 20 back in line. And when the doors open we were only able to snag one or two bolts of the $1 fabric. Starving lions couldn't have made meat disappear faster!


These are the fabrics I bought the end of the bolt of. The two Asian prints I actually purchased a small piece of months earlier (or at least looked long at). The spiders will be backing for at least one Halloween quilt. But I have two 6-yard and one 9-yard piece of these fabrics.



Some of the other fabrics I purchased anywhere from 2 to 4 yards of are these...


I have this to go with some 'wildlife' lap quilts I have planned for gifts in the future (hopefully this coming Christmas).


I have 3 or 4 yards of this. While it is cotton, it has a really nice feel to it. It might actually become a tunic for summer. Maybe. 


Three yards of this for $3. Not sure what I will use it for at this point it time. It might be used for a quilt where I need a 'black'. However, I have these two fabrics, also with a sewing theme.



I can see the black and the top print together for a large 'sewing' tote. That would be cute. The purple I purchased 3 yards of and then gave 2 yards of it to my partner in crime. She is into purple and pink these days.


Then I have these 3 pieces which were in the remnant pile. 

I also have 3 pieces of a print in 3 different colorways. You can see grey and the ivory in the top picture. The picture I took didn't come out and I have them packed away already and didn't feel like digging them out to retake a picture. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet.

The 40% off purchases were a couple of layer cakes.



I also bought a fat-quarter pack of the 'Valley of the King' fabrics to go with the layer cake. I love this line and have some plans for this gilded fabric.


I couldn't pass up some Halloween fabric...



I am "thinking" about how I want to use this fabric. I might make a 'scrappy' wedge with the strips, especially since I replaced my wedge I lost in the fire.


I plan on remaking my rainbow wedges which were lost in the fire. But will have to wait until I get to North Carolina.

And finally, I bought this little panel of brightly colored owls.


Once again, not sure what I will use it for. I have an 'owl' quilt I have all the fabric needed to make the top. I bought it back when we first came to Montana (along with a TON of Judy Neimeyer patterns).  This would make a cute tote front and back. Will have to let it sit and think about it.

In the meantime, I have 3 cat pillows to finish up for Texter's auction and once they are done in the next week (if not sooner), I am packing up my sewing table. I have plenty of knitting and crocheting to keep me busy and I need the room to stack boxes as they are filled. 

But my 'idea' book will stay out as I daydream of quilts.




Comments

Popular Posts