Friday Fiber and Fabrics - March 9

Wow! The sun is out, it's above freezing already and suppose to be in the 40's for the coming few days!

And I have been 'springing forward' and getting projects completed. Of course, it doesn't help I keep adding to the pile either.

In the FINISHED column, we have 'Bella' Bear.


However, as I was adding this picture, Lady K saw it and I got into a bit of trouble.

"Why is Bella in the snow?"
"I took her picture."
"You got her dirty!"
"No, I didn't. Is she dirty on the bottom?"
After checking, "No. Did she leave a butt print?"
"No, she's too light."
"I leave butt prints."
"Yes, you do."

Also in the finished column are some fabric soup bowls I started back at Christmas and finally got them done. (I didn't take pictures before shipping them off.) They should be in the hands of their new owners on Saturday.

In the mail to is my "Dog Pillow".


The pictures were taken after being washed and dried. I love the pillow cover. It's nice and heavy and cushy. The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman. We won't discuss the six other patterns by her I have in my to-do pile. Cat and Fox are semi-started. I have Fancy Forest, Unicorn, Delightful Desert and Greenhouse to do. And I want Tokoyo Subway Map. Depending on my stash of white(ish) fabrics, the Unicorn might be next.


I bought the pattern as a kit for the pillow. I loved the backing fabric and the fact the sweater on the dog is flannel. The size is just right to put an old bed pillow in. You know, one of those which has seen better days, but you can't bear to get rid of. 


So Dog Pillow is done and will arrive on Saturday at its destination. 


The gauze fabric on the left is now on the bed with Texter (or I would have taken a picture). The Owl fabric will be turned into a blanket today (fingers crossed or I am in BIG trouble). They are both simple stitching and cutting. The owl, in fact, will be a flip-n-stitch-quilt-as-you-go blanket.  Both are backed with minky, which means after my sewing session with them is over, I need to open up my sewing machine and do a bit of lint cleaning.

This coming week I need to do the following:

  • Finish up the Octopus Hat
  • Finish up the Peony Fabric Quilt
  • Hang a flannel sheet to use as a design wall to work on the above
There are also some plans for a couple of other quilt tops from the Goodwill Fabric Samples, but will have to see where that leads.

In the meantime, I need to get busy. Savvy wants to stop by Goodwill when I pick her up this morning!

Comments

Popular Posts