Positive Focus Thursday - 2019 Plans for Health


For 2019 I am putting both mental and physical health into one category and attempting to simplify all the things I want to accomplish.

Most of it has to do with eating well. I find when I eat better, I feel better. So that is at the top of the list. Within that framework, there are a couple of things which hit numerous cross-category buttons.

  • Eating
    • Weekly meal planning
    • Shopping on a weekly basis so I don't waste food or money
    • Trip to Farmer's Market at least once a month, then weekly once summer hits. Fresh food produced locally. 
    • With that, more fresh fruits and veggies. 
    • Track on Weight Watchers app and use some of their eating tips
    • Take my vitamins daily
  • Exercise
    • Get Kayden to the bus stop and walk with Amani for 30 minutes before settling down to work/writing on a daily basis
    • Do arm/stomach exercises daily (need to reduce both)
    • Hit 5000 steps minimum a day
  • House
    • Establish a routine for laundry and house cleaning. Do a bit a day.
    • Aromatherapy on a daily basis
    • Declutter files and computer files (1/31/19)
  • Garden
    • Establish a patio and driveway garden this summer
    • Order seeds as needed (2/1/19)
    • Start seedlings (February 2019)
  • Lady K
    • Help with homework daily
    • Walk through the grocery store with her to figure out what she will eat
    • Have my work done as much as possible during the day so I can set aside time in the evenings for her
    • Be less impatient with her 

While most of this is a focus on my physical health, it ties in with my mental health. I have tried monthly grocery shopping and find I waste more money that way. Since there are numerous stores within a short distance from me, I want to research weekly fliers and shop accordingly, potentially saving money.

While I am not all that happy with the size and quality of the Charlotte Farmer's Market in comparison to the one in Raleigh, I want to take Lady K and make a weekly trek to the market for fresh, local fruits and vegetables. I know the pickings will be slim until spring, but it will be a fun outing for the two of us. Plus, Texter works most Saturdays and we can take her to work and go. Unless I have to work on Saturday myself. Then it will be a trip during the week.

So hopefully, 2019 will see a leaner, better eating me!

Comments

Popular Posts