Tuesday 'Moon'dries

I have always been a 'lunar lover'. I love the moon. I love watching the phases come and go. I love talking to "Luna" and asking for her blessings on the nights when the moon is full and I stand in her light.

This past weekend was the Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse (what a mouthful).

I wanted to share with Lady K, however, she had a bit of a cold and was dosed with nighttime cold medicine and was dead to the moon.

It was also COLD outside and windy. Two night which don't lend itself to running outside and watching the eclipse.


Actually, I was hoping the moon wouldn't rise too far when the eclipse started. That way I could stand in the upstairs window and watch it without freezing. Luna wasn't cooperating.


I caught the start of the eclipse and managed to stay awake long enough to see it to the halfway point. It was so interesting to see the moon turn red. And it doesn't take much imagination to understand why our ancestors had the beliefs they had about the moon and eclipses.

But when you normally get up about 4:30-5:00 a.m., staying up until midnight isn't something you can do!

Of course, being in a suburban setting doesn't lend itself to much star or moon gazing. However, watching Venus and Jupiter coming closer and closer together over the past few days.

Guess this does make me a lunatic!

Comments

Popular Posts