Tuesday Sundries - Two Year Love Affair

The Wheel of Time is over. It's stopped spinning.






























I have finished the 14 books in the series. At over 420 hours of audio, it was a long, long journey. And I actually miss listening to it. I have started back on some Brandson Sanderson books which are equally long and involved as these (and read by the same people). 

But I am going to miss the world in this series. And what a world it is. Magic and diverse races. An epic battle against the dark forces. As someone who is writing fantasy myself, the world created in this series is fantastic. It is so complex and rich. 

I started listening on December 1, 2016, and a little over two years later have wrapped up this journey. Granted there were wide gaps in my listening, but I always returned to see what Rand, Matt, and Perrin were up to.

Fingers crossed, Amazon will be able to pull off a series based on these books.

Now to find another series to listen to.

Comments

Popular Posts