First Tuesday Post - About Knitting

Well, here it is. My second sock, or rather the start of my second pair of socks. Joined in on the Six Sock KAL and this is the first one I am doing. I had no stash of sock yarn (yet) and picked out some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino as I plan to wear these just around the house.

Stashbuster Spiral Sock in progress

Now that I only tried the Figure 8 cast on 1 million times, I am fairly pleased with the results. I figure even with the mistakes I have made, the errors are few. Or at least as I slowly shuffle by, no one will notice.


Close up of toe of sock. This is the first time I have done a toe-up sock and done a Figure 8 cast on.

Stashbuster Spiral Sock. Sage green, purple and a brick red Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.

The "bad" thing about this is that I have fallen in love with the cashmerino and want to do a sleeveless, mock turtle neck sweater for spring/summer with it. It is a combination of cashmere, merino and microfiber. The closest I have worked with on that feels somewhat like this is the Lion Brand Microfiber.

But I completed most of the rounds today while in a waiting room at day surgery for the husband of a friend of mine to come out of eye surgery. It was a great project to talk and knit on while we were waiting for him at 6AM! Now comes the heel and it's all downhill or up the leg from there.

Comments

Popular Posts