Sunday Morning Update

Actually this should be called "Sunday Morning Avoidance of Household Chores".

A slightly blurry picture of the Market Bag I crocheted. It's one of the Lion Brand Yarn free patterns. If you look carefully, you will see a couple of needles sticking out of the side. This is the reason for the lining/no-lining debate going on in my head. My only concern is if Iline it, even leaving gathers in the lining, it won't be as expandable. Decisions, decisions.

Posted by Picasa One of my favorite times of the year has arrived in North Carolina.....STRAWBERRIES!!!!

I have already made one batch of jam and have a couple of baskets to make some more in the next day or two. Besides just eating them and "jamming" them, I have gotten on a strawberry margarita kick. Of course, under Goth Daughter's harsh eye, they are without rum. But we are all enjoying a refreshing slushy drink every couple of days. But I don't think Trumpet Princess standing on the front porch, with glass in hand, hollering out to her friend who is being dropped off by her father "Hurry up! Mom has made margaritas!" is quite the impression I wish to make, or explain to the parent, offering samples as proof there is no "proof" in them.


And here is the garden as of yesterday (and part of the camera case). I got the other 3 tomatoes planted, laid down newspaper between the plants and covered with a thick layer of leaves. Good thing as it got down in the high 30's last night and as off 9am this morning was still very cool and breezy. But my garden area is in a very low part of the surrounding area, so very sheltered.

By the way, this picture was taken before I mowed the back yard yesterday afternoon.





One of the benefits of gardening down here is the scent of the honeysuckle that forms a wall on one side of the area.



Posted by Picasa So I listen to numerous podcasts and garden and am quite content. I have found that I can listen to the podcasts and still hear the birds and other "nature" sounds, but it sure helps cut of some of the car noise, crying baby noise and other irratating sounds.

I'll list the podcasts and hopefully the links that I am listening to shortly. Try to have a "Podcast" blog entry.

Comments

Popular Posts