Happy Thanksgiving

Quiet Thanksgiving so far. Girls are still asleep and I have done 2 loads of dishes and made 2 pies (Hot Fudge and Carmel Coconut), a cake (Aunt Mary's Chocolate Pound cake) that I put in peppermint flavoring since I ran out of vanilla and the turkey is in the oven, eggs have been boiled for giblet gravy, the neck is simmering for broth, the rolls are thawing and the sweet potatoes are baking. And it's only 8am!

Found a link to this blog, SimpleThings and really like being thankful every day for 3 little things. So for today...

making food that has been in my family for years and reliving those traditions even though most of my family is miles away

having my daughters (and myself) here and in good health

the smells of Thanksgiving...the turkey, sweet potatoes....the steamy kitchen

It's a good day today!

Comments

  1. I love the smell of turkey wafting through a warm house.

    It sounds as if you have the same problem I do - too many interests and not enough time to cultivate them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update!
    I command you!
    haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts