Happy Mother's Day

It's been just a few days over a year since my mother passed.  And I think of her a thousand times, especially now that there is a new addition to the family.  But today is to honor mothers and not mourn, so I rejoice in that my baby has her own baby now and is beginning to experience the ups (and downs) of motherhood.

I also celebrate the joy my daughters have brought to my life.   I could make some statement about how they are my 'light', but actually I wanted to show off my Mother's Day present.


 This little Moroccan lantern is one that I had wish listed on Amazon.com.  I had seen similar ones and was really enchanted by them.  So Savvy had one sent to me for Mother's Day.  And it is every bit as pretty as I thought it would be.  Now I want more, in all different colors and shapes. 

I apologize for the slight blurriness of the picture taken with the lights out.  But Texter and I were in my room last night, pouring over patterns and I didn't take the time to get out the tripod to take the picture.  My mother taught me to sew and now Texter is taking an interest in sewing.  She wants to make things for Lady K.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, Texter has caught the fabric bug from me.  I don't think it is curable.  

So to all the mothers out there, past and present....thank you for the job you do and the light you bring to our lives. 

Comments

Popular Posts