One More Thing......

and then it's all over.  Moving Texter, Gibbs and Lady K from North Carolina to Montana (and then switching houses).  Closing up my home in North Carolina and putting things in storage in preparation to having them shipped to Montana.  Driving Savvy from North Carolina to Montana to see her new niece and pick up her dog.  Now, in a couple of days, I will drive Savvy and Noel to Arizona, throw them out of the car and drive back.  Then I'm finished!!!!!

Although we thought we were 'settled' in Great Falls, Gibbs really needed to be in Helena, where his office is.  However, we couldn't find a house which would allow us dogs, especially non-toy dogs.  Then out of the blue, someone who has several rental properties in Helena offered him a house to rent, dogs and all.  Not only was it only about 5 minutes from his office rather than a little over an hour, but the space is about 3 times what we had for a minimal amount more each month.

If you are interested in the 'retro' look, this house has it in spades.  The person who had it built apparently loved white peg board, tons of storage, and pocket doors.  While the bedrooms are small, we will be labeling drawers and cabinets so we can remember where we put what.










This is the 'dining' area next to the kitchen.  Behind me is a built in bench.  So now we will have to get a table and a couple of chairs for a proper dining area.





And a nice size living room on the main floor.  It has double sliding doors and looks out onto the backyard.  We will put a TV in here and I think it will be my exercise area to do yoga in once we get everything set up.


My favorite view, can you blame me?  The flower beds in the back need a lot of attention.  However, there is an irrigation system the landlord says I can tap into for drip irrigation in the beds.  If you look out at the flower tree (cherry or crab apple, don't know which) there is a bench under the tree.  The slope of the lawn makes it hidden from the house almost.

There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs.  Downstairs, the basement is completely finished (which the other house wasn't).  This is going to be the 'living area' of the house.  There is also another large room which can be an office or guest room and another full bathroom downstairs.


This is just half of the basement.  To the right, on the wall, are two, large drop down tables.  It seems the owner had been a model train fan and had two tables to set up trains on.  Can you say 'cutting tables'?  We have the TV entertainment unit on the rock wall and two couches set up for viewing and gaming.  My computer is on the desk (Gibbs and Texter use laptops on the couch).

But my favorite room has to be this one....



Off the TV area is an 'art' room.  Plenty of cabinets and shelving and a long desk area for my sewing machine.  There is also an area I can put a design wall up for quilting.  This is even inspiring Texter to think about learning to sew.  I do have two machines, so I will be starting her off learning to sew shortly.

I am really loving this house, even though we are basically still moving in.  Now to decide which projects to work on first once I get everything sorted out onto the shelves.

Comments

Popular Posts