Before the Bad Weather Came....

there were orchids.  The Great Divide Orchid Society had a show at the empty mall about six blocks away, so it was a no-brainer to walk down on Saturday and tour the show.


This beauty was an orchid about 3 feet across.  The flowers are about 12 inches long.  By far the 'biggest' display of a single plant.  Very unusual.


Then these were also about 12 inches long.  However, they were covered by hundreds of tiny flowers.

It was a small show, but not short on beauty.  I came home with a scented cattleya in a pinky purple.  Pictures of her to show up shortly when I am feeling better.  And a little $1 guy who will take about 2 years to first bloom.  I wanted to see if I could get him to survive that long in my hands and blooming.  Texter also bought me a beautiful cream and purple phalaenopis.

Some more of the eye-candy available on Saturday.






Now I will go fix some hot Wild Orange tea from Teavana (which is out of this world) and try and get over this crud I have. 

Comments

Popular Posts