101 Things and North Carolina Redux


My new 'digs'!

And awaiting the van bringing the rest of our stuff from Montana. Hopefully, it will arrive today (Friday). If not it will be Monday at the earliest before it arrives.

So while I am waiting for the truck to arrive, I thought I would start on my new 'plan' reveal.

Prior to leaving Montana, I was watching Amy Graham (Bad Ass Valkyrie) on her '101 Things in 1001 Days' video.  We are both of a certain age and she is inspiring me to overcome my weight and get up and moving. Of course, I have no desire to go quite as far as she does, but still, it is an encouragement to me.

Back in 2009, I did a similar thing and decided this would be a great time to revisit my projects, plans, and dreams. What was really interesting to me is the fact several of the things I had written down in 2009 are the same things I wrote down in 2018. I think it's time to get up and get them accomplished now.

This time I broke my 101 things down into categories which fit into the Miracle Morning plan and the areas for a 10 level life. Now we are settled in North Carolina (sort-of, kind of) I want to get back into some sort of routine.

So here are my categories and 101 things...

Career/Business -

No, I no longer have a 'career' as such, nor do I want to actually start a 'business', but I put these items into more of a 'work' area.

1.   Write 1000 words a day, 5 times a week
2.   Publish a book
3.   Take a writing workshop (either online or in person)
4.   Take a photography class (to better my skills)
5.   Work on a Botanical Art Certification (a longtime dream)
6.   Be a writer/artist in residence
7.   Update my website (get my own domain name, etc.)

Contribution/Giving - 

8.   Volunteer somewhere (right now I have looked at doing some volunteer work at the two gardens in the area)
9.   Donate to one charity or blogger who has impacted me a month
10. Donate blood regularly


Family - 

11. Monthly meal together
12. A week at the beach (rent a house for everyone to gather)
13. Work on the family tree - think I am going to use Lady K as the base so I can get more family connections in there
14. A trip to Disneyworld - Lady K is getting old enough to enjoy
15. Do Ancestry DNA to see if it comes up with what I am finding in my family tree or if there are some surprises
16. Make a Christmas stocking for everyone 
17. Write up a family cookbook
18. Have a handmade Christmas (2019 is my goal)
19. Put Savvy and Texter's writing and artwork into a book form
20. Assist in training Carly as a service dog (more on this item later - it's coming soon!)


Friends -

This is an area which I really want to work on. I made some FANTASTIC FRIENDS when I moved to Montana and a lot of that was accomplished by putting myself out there. 

21. Join a mineral society (Lady K loves rocks!)
22. Join an orchid society (I still have TONS to learn)
23. One letter or card a week to friends
24. Find a writing group (to keep me motivated)
25. Find a stitching group (everyone needs to stitch and bitch)
26. One social activity a month for a year 


Fun/Recreation -

27. 26 movies I have seen starting with each letter of the alphabet
28. Go to the movies once a month for a year
29. Postcrossing for 12 months
30. Attend 6 cons/Ren Faires
31. Visit 6 North Carolina Breweries and Vineyards
32. Visit 6 North Carolina trails and waterfalls
33. Attend 6 fiber festivals, quilt shows, and mineral shows
34. Attend Planner Con
35. Finish Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series (on Book 8 and each one is HOURS long)
36. Finish one piece of knitting/crochet a month
37. Finish one piece of needlework/quilting a month
38. Visit Biltmore 
39. Buy DPAC season tickets
40. Do some poured acrylic paintings for the house
41. Once a month bookstore 'date'
42. Visit botanical gardens in the state and surrounding states


Health -

43. Walk 10,000 steps a day for 30 straight days
44. Run a 5k
45. Be below 200 pounds 
46. No fast food for a month 
47. Yoga 3 times a week for 6 weeks
48. Do a Yes.Fit 'race'
49. Walk parts of the Appalachian Trail
50. Work on upper body strength 3 times a week
51. Run a 10k race
52. Get a bike and ride
53. Walk parts of the Mountain to Sea Trail
54. Have a spa weekend
55. Ride in a century


Home -

56. Help Texter buy a house
57. Try 3 new recipes a month
58. Create a garden sanctuary 


Money -

59. Do 52 Week Money Challenge 
60. Get a new Mac Desktop
61. Save $15,000
62. Record amount of fabric in and out of my stash (try and have more out than in!)


Personal Growth -

63. Six quilts finished and in use in a year
64. Blog at least 4 times a week
65. Take 1 quilt workshop a year (minimum)
66. Make garb for everyone, including me
67. Learn to upcycle clothes
68. Learn a new word a day for 1 year 
69. Learn 3 ASL words a week
70. Learn to sharpen knives and chop with them
71. Get another tattoo
72. Finish my degree
73. Visit area thrift stores and use what I can for garb
74. Learn more about aromatherapy
75. Spin wool - buy a wheel (I suck at drop spindles)
76. Take a class at the John Campbell Folk School
77. Learn classical guitar
78. Cooking lessons, especially for Asian cooking
79. Become a master gardener


Spirit -

80. Identify 100 things which make me happy
81. Create my Book of Shadows based on my studies
82. Pull one tarot card a  day to study. Do weekly/quarterly and yearly readings for myself
83. Set up an altar and meditate 4 times a week
84. Have a Silent Retreat Weekend
85. Disconnect 1 day a week for a month 
86. Select one tarot deck a month to study
87. Learn more about plants and crystals


Travel -

88. Travel to 4 new places in a year
89. Visit Monticello and Mount Vernon
90. Visit Williamsburg
91. Visit all the National Parks
92. Visit the state parks in North Carolina and the surrounding states
93. Visit NYC and shop
94. Rent a camper and use it to visit parks
95. Travel back to Montana and see what I didn't before
96. Ghost tour of New Orleans and London
97. Stay 2 or more weeks in another country
98. Visit Japan
99. Visit a 'new' European country
100. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway
101. Visit all 50 states


I plan on doing a quarterly review of my plans. 

My start date will be June 1, 2018. This puts the end date as February 26, 2021. I'll probably make my end date February 28. That appeals to the Virgo in me - all neat and tidy to end on the last day of the month.

But for now, it's watching the Royal Wedding and figuring out if I can find something to make toast one.






Comments

  1. Hi Judy, I loved reading this! Looks like you will be quite busy, to say the least...I smiled when I saw "the Virgo in me" reference. Noticed a few of my own desires on some of your lists. Wishing you all the best in your new home. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts