What Day Is It?

All I really know is this time next week, the van should be loaded except the last couple of small items and awaiting pickup for it's drive to North Carolina. Then it will all be done except for Texter walking across the stage and receiving her diploma!

I think.

At least I'm fairly sure that's where I am right now.

But I seem to have some 'problem children' rearing their little heads.

It involves these little jewels...



They are blooming and getting ready to bloom like crazy! 

I thought I only had one long flower spike (about 2.5 feet at this point) and one smaller one, but no!


Nestled down in there are two more flower spikes starting!

And if that's not bad enough, the three flower spikes I thought were almost over...


Have sent out secondary flower spikes on the original spikes!

What gives guys? Are you that happy here?

And several of the other plants have new growth coming along...




My original idea when I was thinking about the move was to wrap them all up and up them on the moving van. After all, if they were being shipped to me by the nursery that's what they would do. And I would keep fingers crossed 10 days on a moving van wouldn't hurt them too much.

But now...forget it. They are in the car with me. Granted they will be stacked on each other somewhat to try and get them into one container, but they are in the car. And with all these flowers I'll look like a throwback to the 60's and Flower Power driving down the road!

I am hoping they adapt well to North Carolina and will like a summer out on the porch. Or in the windows upstairs. I will have to see. 

And on the 'plant front'...

Savvy has 'discovered' in her yard a Crimson Bonfire Dwarf Peach and blueberries. She's happy. Now if she can guard her peaches against her mother!

Comments

Popular Posts