Week in Review - February 10 - 16





Yes, this is the kind of faces you make when Grandma sits you in the corner with her phone at Victoria Secrets while she checks out (10 for $35 panties for Texter mainly). But it's been that kind of week actually.

Last night did involve a bit of 'moon-watching' as the almost-full-moon was playing with the cloudy skies.


But it's been that kind of week. Feeling restless and unsettled. 

Even this morning I have to deal with cranky cats!

For one thing, Creme is normally my 'lap-cat'.

 

Or my chair-cat, perching on the back of the chair. Cookie is normally somewhere else and doesn't really want to cuddle. 

However, this morning, I was surprised to find my 'chair-cat' was Cookie.


Doing errands this past week (feeling really restless), I stopped for a bit of 'plant-therapy' at Oakdale Greenhouses. I didn't want anything in particular, although I had searched on eBay for a Vanilla Orchid earlier in the day.

They did have a few phalaenopsis orchids, but nothing exciting. Until...


There in the far back corner were 6 pots of vanilla orchid cuttings!

Five cuttings in the pot and they are all healthy and looking like they are 'taking'. Of course, they like warm temperatures - warmer than I keep my house. But I have them upstairs (warmest part of the house) and in front of the south-west window. Fingers crossed!

I grabbed a couple of LED gooseneck lamps at Dollar Tree this past week, not really knowing what I was going to do with them. Now I need a couple more. I am using them on my plant shelves. Because...


It's that time of the year and I have started my seedlings. Probably still a bit early for most of them, but I needed 'plant therapy'!

But before I could do this, I had to do this...


Rearranging the shelf and, in general, cleaning up the mess in the bonus room. A longer plant update is forthcoming.

I did have a strange shopping experience earlier in the week.

I went into FoodLion to pick up some items and in going to check out, there was only the self-check open and a manager and another employee standing there talking. I was bitching about having to do self-check very vocally (see, I have been in a 'mood'). The guy in front of me leaves and I go up, punch in my phone number and start checking out.

I pull out my debit card to pay and the machine spits out my receipt, tells me thank you and it's all done. Never inserted my card or anything. Odd. Go out to the card and put bags in the back and pull out the receipt.

There, at the top, is a charge for cigarettes. I don't smoke. Then the debit card number at the bottom? Well, it's not my last 4 digits! Not my card.

My feet start doing this little happy dance - $40 in free groceries! But my head and heart stop the feet and I grab my purse and head back inside to customer service.

I showed the receipt to the lady there. She said she had seen my face when I was checking out and I had gotten a 'weird look' and she had wondered about it. I told her I couldn't let someone unknowingly pay for my groceries. Even the manager, when he came up, said he had never seen anything like it before in his 5 years with Food Lion.

The only thing I can figure out is in the process of my bitching about self-check, I scared the poor guy in front of me so much he didn't finish up his transaction, so it added mine to the bottom of his.

I paid for my groceries and they kept the receipt, figuring the person whose card it was on would be stopping back or calling in to get if fixed.

Otherwise this week...

  • A couple of shifts at GameStop (good things happening there!)
  • Two posts were written
  • Finished 3 books
  • Helped Lady K with Valentines for school and a Black History Month project
  • Ordered a 'few' seeds!
  • Batch of cold brew coffee made for midday pick-me-up

This coming week...
  • Alpaca Festival with Lady K 
  • Texter to doctor to see about her migraines and heart palpitations
  • More rain and hopefully some emerging seedlings
  • More writing
  • 'Settling' down and getting more work-from-home hours in
  • Dutch Baby for breakfast with strawberries
  • More video game 'testing' to check out different new-to-me games (for work you know!)

But in the meantime, more coffee!

Comments

  1. I can’t wait to hear how you like the alpaca show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts