Food and Fiber Friday - Finally!

It's been a crazy few months. 

And I haven't really felt like myself.

But all is better and coming together. I'm getting my 'groove' back!

And to get back into my routine, I bought a new sewing machine. My other machine, a basic Singer, is OK. However, with Foxy moving in and then out it meant boxes went upstairs, downstairs, and who knows where. So my power cord and foot pedal are...somewhere. So I invested in a Brother sewing machine. 

It's not expensive, but came with all the feet I need for quilting. Tons of stitch patterns. And auto needle up and down button. Really nice for what I paid for it. I am hoping it can handle free motion quilting so I can finish up some quilts I have stored away.

Anyway...

I have a new 'project' I wanted to start sewing on.



All the pieces are cut out and the first two squares are done. Actually, there are six of each square. This is from Elizabeth Hartman, whose patterns I really love. Lots of pieces, but very nice. I did change it up a bit from her original design by using a patterned background and batik for the flowers rather than solid greens. Fingers crossed it will come together and look good.

Over the summer I did do a couple of programs for my herb society. June was a selection of teas and the members brought salads. In July, I did different 'dips and dunks' to show how to use herbs and go out of the box for a summertime treat. 

Then I went and took all the recipes and turned them into a small recipe booklet for members.




I think the programs and booklet was well received by the group. 

And I'll save all the vinegars and flavored extracts I have 'brewing' until next week!


Comments

Popular Posts