Writing Wednesday - Fall Writing Plans



Huzzah! 

At least for the next couple of days it is FALL! 

And today is supposed to be rainy!

While I would like to be outside working in the yard, it is a bit rainy today and I have the day off. So between repairing the toilet 'innards' and doing a bit of housework, I will work on my plans for the Rough Draft Challenge hosted by Heart Breathings in November today. 

But the windows are open in the house to 'air it out' - with 5 cats and 2 large dogs, it's needed. 

It's 7 a.m. and I have 1 load of laundry finishing up. The cats have been fed. The dogs let outside and back in. Lady K is slowly getting ready to go to school. The fact she meets up with her friends as they walk past our house to school is a huge help in motivating her getting up and going. 

I have a large cup of coffee and enjoying the slight chill from the open windows. I have another 2 posts to get written this morning before turning to figuring out exactly which writing project I want to concentrate on. I really, really want to get SOMETHING further down the road to being completed.

My choices are ...
  1. Dragon Earth - started in the late 80's before all the Romantsy trends started. I was very forward thinking there, but very much procrastinated.
  2. Queen of the Middle Court - started a few years ago, but not finished
  3. 7 Deadly Murders - a murder mystery started a couple of years ago, but a different genre of what I normally write.
  4. If You Cook, You Don't Do The Dishes - my 'family' cookbook with stories behind the recipes which I intend to be mainly for the girls. 
  5. Anise Sweetwater - the solo RPG (Role Playing Game) which is barely started, but could write and post as a serial read - maybe even doing it via Substack.
By working through some questions, I will hopefully narrow my choices down. 

I have started a pot of beans and ham for dinner. Will let them simmer for the day and enjoy with some cornbread this evening. I need to light a candle and after glancing over at my bank of bookshelves, I need to do a bit of straightening there. 

But I am going to leave time today to curl up with a cup of coffee or hot tea and enjoy some cozy fall reading.

 

Comments

Popular Posts