Most people who know me, know I am a true crime junkie. I love reading mystery/thriller/suspense books. My taste in this genre runs from hard-boiled detective to classic British to cozy bookshop mysteries. As much as I love my sci-fi/fantasy books, sometimes a good suspense/mystery just fills that need.
And then a couple of weeks ago, Foxy went away for the weekend with friends. While we do have things in place to monitor safety near and far, I still have that 'mother' feeling and really don't like not knowing who, what, when and where - especially when I get a message advising me she arrived safely at their destination, but cell service was spotty.
 |
Yes, I created an AI image!
I was at home with Lady K, nursing a terrible summer cold. Lady K stated I sounded like a 50 year old man who had been smoking for 30 years. Even my co-worker who answered the phone when I called out of work was shocked at how I sounded. While calling out of work brings me stress (after 34 years in the airline industry, you don't ever call out), I have learned forcing my body do not only fight illness and work at the same time isn't something I should do - it only makes it worse. And at 68, I don't need to drag out illness.
Anyway, I started thinking about Foxy and her weekend with friends and I sent her a text message about the her trip:
- She was the topic of a true crime podcast
- She was on a roadtrip with friends
- It was just a quick weekend trip
- They were heading to a wedding of another friend
- They were driving to West Virginia
- They were staying near a river
- The cell service was spotty at best
Apparently, my text was also a hit with her friends who got a laugh out of it. But look at the number of mystery tropes in one small, weekend trip.
My only issue with this weekend away - I couldn't figure out a good continuation for it. After all, I really don't want to do away with Foxy. However...
So it will go into my 'Idea' file until I come up with more of the story. But I love it when real life hands you 'clues'.
|
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.