Writing Wednesday - '70 Before 70' List

Yes, I created it with the assistance of AI.



As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I am setting up a list of things I would like to accomplish before I turn 70 in 2027. So here is my list with some commentary or explanations included in some cases. 

Home and Garden

 1.  Finish setting up the back yard garden
 2.  Redo herb garden area
 3.  Cattle panels for the garden
 4.  Establish a year-round garden
 5.  Keep a garden log for the whole year
 6.  Redo the water feature
 7.  New fruit trees in the yard
 8.  Screen in the front porch
 9.  Shelves in the laundry room and bathroom
10. Move stuff of front porch to the back and destash 'stuff'
11. Measure rooms and price out the cost for paint and flooring
12. Repair stair railing inside and add railings to steps outside
13. Fix the drainage at the bottom of the front steps
14. Repot my orchids 
15. Redo window treatments (replace mini-blinds the cats have destroyed mainly)
16. Replace the vent covers in the house
17. Create a worm bin

Reading, Writing, Seeding

This is the 'business' I have been toying with some the past couple of years. Now I want to really decide if it is something I want to continue to pursue. If so, do it!

18. Finish a novel
19. Create a new website (in process already)
20. Get my LLC set up
21. Post regularly on social media (determine what that will be)
22. Research Substack
23. Replace my desktop computer
24. Create 2 new programs for the library
25. Finish Anise Sweetgum solo RPG
26. Take at least one herbal related class - online or in person
27. Picture a day for a month (maybe for the entire year I am 69)
28. Create one place for ideas/braindumps
29. Research creating and editing YouTube videos and using the new camera to do so
30. Reread the Jim Butcher Harry Dresden series
31. Finish rereading the Anita Blake series
32. Take a writing course online or in person

Personal Health/Fitness

33. Do Ancestry DNA
34. Get to my goal weight
35. Two 'dress up' outfits (I basically only have jeans and t-shirts currently)
36. Hydrate more!
37. Get a second ear piercing
38. Have MJ FINALLY added to my family tree pendant 
39. Try a new recipe monthly
40. Walk 2 miles a day
41. Have my cards read professionally
42. Purge my extra/unused tarot cards

Exploration


43. Two trips to Bookwarehouse
44. Visit 5 waterfalls in NC/SC
45. Hike 5 trails in NC/SC
46. Visit 5 National or State Parks in NC/SC
47. Beach weekend
48. 'Mining' trip
49. Trip to Arizona
50. Visit Monticello and Mt. Vernon
51. Trip to Daiso
52. Monthly 'coffee shop' time
53. Visit Seagrove Orchids
54. Biltmore Trip!
55. Attend one fiber festival and one gem show

Miscellaneous


56. Have the quilts finished - probably professionally
57. Treat myself to a 'nice' purse
58. Clear out needlework and yarn - be realistic with myself!
59. Read my 'subscribed' books the month I get them
60. Month of no take-out or fast food for me
61. 'Digital blackout' one day a month
62. Have cards paid off
63. Attend either Mannheim Steamroller or Trans Siberian Railroad concert
64. Put $1000 in savings
65. New set of dishware - preferably visit the Fiesta Ware outlet
66. Take Lady K to pick cherries
67. Complete the family recipe book
68. Get a nice leather cover for my planner
69. Actually schedule in my trips/activities
70. 'Spa Day' at home or in person


So the coming 12 months should be interesting to say the least!






 

Comments

Popular Posts