In Between All The Other Stuff

I have been doing something other than working, studying and breaking my middle toe.  I have done some ATC’s for swaps.  Actually, I missed the local swap due to my foot.  I was told I couldn’t drive the next – after we attended the library book sale.

atc gilded love_1  This is one entitled “Gilded Love” which I made for the local swap.  I painted it red first and then did a peeled paint technique with the gold.  I did a mask with a stencil in black and then I used string gel medium in red over the top.  It was fun playing with the string gel.

atc purple swap 3-2011_2  This is for a purple swap.  There are 4 shades of purple on the card.  I am really loving the peeled paint technique (as you will see).  I think I need to find another new technique.

atc torn paper swap

 

This is a torn paper ATC for another swap.  I was trying for an “open doorway” look for the paper.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

atc trees_2  These were a fun group of cards to make.  It took 2 1/2 movies to hand draw them.  I have been working with ‘tangles’ recently and attended a Zentangle workshop at the Yoga Garden in Apex a couple of weeks ago.

yoga garden workshop tangle I have been working with doodles and tangles for a couple of years now and this was the first time I added any shading on them.  It makes such a difference to the overall effect.

peeling paint 1_2  Speaking of peeled paint, this is a peeled paint technique ATC for a swap.  I had a picture of old castles and glued it to the card and covered with a coat of gel medium.  Then I did a two layer peeled paint technique using teal paint and gesso.

spring equinox swap 2  And this is the Spring Equinox swap card.  It’s all in shades of green with a rabbit.

So, see I have been busy doing ‘stuff’.  Of course next weekend I will be in the woods with zombies all day on Saturday.  It’s part of my film class project.  I am makeup assistant, wardrobe and food.  And they will be keeping me out past dark.  I may turn into a zombie myself.

Comments

Popular Posts