Just Rollin’ Along

Did get up and take a break from my ‘Lost’ marathon in order to give this recipe a try.  As much as I love crusty bread, I also love soft, yeast rolls.   The kind you get in restaurants.  Texter also is a big roll love too.  I had come across a couple of Texas Roadhouse roll recipes, but finally decided to give this Honey Roll recipe a try.  Another thing that interested me was that it was also for the bread machine.  I don’t have the knack for kneading down yet.

PC230014 Needless to say, rising was not an issue.  So much so, it remind me of a big belly.  And it smelled really great just rising.  So after punching down and letting it rest in the fridge since I had a few hours until dinner, this was the outcome.

PC230020  Ok, so I need to work on my uniformity with crafting rolls.  And unfortunately, I forgot, in the heat of the moment, so to speak, to take a picture of the final product.  But they were definitely of the texture I was looking for.  Needed to pull out of the oven just a minute or two earlier or cover the top of the rolls, because they did get a little over baked and crunchy.  But this is definitely a keeper.  And a recipe I can half easily.  Doing it again I would probably have some honey butter made up to butter the rolls with while eating.  I have a big jar of local honey I bought at the farmer’s market just begging to be used.

Honey Rolls for the Bread Machine

  • 1 cup lukewarm milk
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3 1/2 cups bread flour (I did use all purpose in my trial)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
Topping
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Directions:

  • Put in bread machine in order given. When adding the yeast, make a hole in flour and put yeast in the hole.

  • Put on dough cycle.

  • On lightly floured surface, divide dough into 20 equal parts and shape into smooth balls.

  • Place balls in greased 9 X 13 pan.

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees.

  • Cover with clean cloth/towel and let rise in warm place until double in size (20 to 30 minutes).

  • Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown.

  • Heat butter and honey in microwave and brush over rolls.

  • Remove immediately from pan.

  • Comments

    Popular Posts