Being Still

I would put my activity level, if asked, at higher than a slug and lower than a tree sloth.  I do have 2 two dogs to walk a few times a day, but overall, physical activity is not high on my list of things to do each day.  What I do find myself doing is a lot of computer work, reading, needlework, crafts – all of which find me sitting.

Therefore, when I came across this site the other day, I was very surprised.

Do Nothing for 2 Minutes

So I clicked and sat…….

PC100030

for about 5 seconds.  Then I started squirming.  I had ‘stuff’ to do.

At thirty seconds, I was about ready to come out of my skin.  I needed to change out the load of wash.  I needed to finish cleaning Texter’s old room.  There was some cooking to do.  I needed to do this and that. 

I last a whole minute!  I couldn’t sit still for two minutes.

So…….

As I am cleaning and moving stuff around the house during this vacation time, a space to sit and be still is going to be important.

PC100021

Comments

Popular Posts