Winter Solstice

December 22 is the Winter Solstice.  I took a few pictures of the moon when it was full a few days ago. 

PC110066  I live near a branch of a river and there is an area which has been dammed to form a small lake.  It’s private and quiet.  So I waited in the cold and stillness to take some pictures.

PC110046  I would like a tripod to be better able to take some ‘moon shots’.  I live in an area where the moon coming up through the trees is beautiful. 

Of course, big difference in walking to the water in the freezing temps (at least that night) of December versus the summer is about the length of a snake in the dark.  This night I only had to worry about a beaver which scared the pee out of me as it whacked it’s tail on the water as I walked by.

This night did teach me stillness and peace.  It felt good.

Comments

Popular Posts