Getting to the end of......

my rope, my patience....no SEMESTER!

And for some reason I want to do everything and anything but complete what needs to be done.  I want to quilt and knit and clean and organize - but don't want to do schoolwork.

Anyway, I did force myself to work on this, my final project for my InDesign class.  We were suppose to take a town and write a newsletter about some aspect of it.  So I picked my local town and did a spread on local farmer's markets and restaurants which feature local food.  So here goes.....






























The stories were not written by me, but were from local newspapers and magazines, as you can see by the credit lines.  Same for the photos in the newsletter.  But all the boxes and design and layout, etc were done by me - for better or for worse.

One problem with learning InDesign and starting to get a hold on it.  I have "projects" in mind....big projects.  A family cookbook could be designed very easily with this.  And something I have been wanting to do for years.....a weekly, pictorial calendar using my pictures.  My only problem is that I can now see asking other artists to submit artwork for the calendar and it gets bigger and bigger.  This is definitely a 'retirement' project.  

Back to being 'interactive'.

Comments

Popular Posts