Where Does Time Go?

I thought once I retired I would have all this 'time' in order to 'do' things.  I have a HUGE list of projects and things I want to do, but it seems by the time I get started in the mornings, it is time to go to bed.

Ok, there is one factor which is a big time drain....

Lady K and a hat that does fit



















Yep, this is one reason I can't seem to get things done.  And also a reason my pile of projects seems to grow and grow.  It is easy, once removed from those years, what a time drain an infant can be.  Luckily, she is getting a bit older and awake is starting to play and entertain herself with her toys.

But on the whole, time flies by.


And school is starting again soon for me.  Luckily, my schooling is online, but it does take a lot of time.  One thing I have started doing is a quick note on my calendar (paper one - still a little old school) of what I have done during the day.  I even note loads of laundry washed (Texter and Gibbs have way too many clothes).  It does help to be able to go back and say "I really have done something" at the end of the day.

But part of me really needs that 'routine' in order to feel productive.  I guess all those years of getting up and going to work as ingrained a need for a schedule of some sort.  But on the other hand, I don't want to be so rigid that I can't just jump into something new or different every now and then.  

Time is like a river.  It flows on by regardless of what you try to do.  So I am trying to pilot a nice, sturdy little boat down it so that I feel like I am actually getting somewhere.  I think with school starting, it is time for me to take a minute and go over my goals and projects and make a 'plan'.  


(Is it a coincidence there is a 'no trespassing and danger' sign in the picture?  I didn't notice it at first!)

Comments

Popular Posts