NaNoWriMo Win!


Despite having to take my beloved "Mac" into the repair shop for a faulty video card (it was determined and under a free repair warranty-thanks Texter) I managed to finish NaNoWriMo ahead of schedule. Breathe a huge sigh of relief. 

Actually, what I have isn't a 50,000 word rough draft, but 50,000 words of character sketches, partial scenes and backstory. Which I am actually very ok with. 

Once my 'baby' comes home (Thursday evening and with expanded memory too) I will start taking those bits and pieces and creating proper files for the information, probably in Scrivener. I think this will be the one I work on in 2017 since I have the flow going with it already.

And speaking of Scrivener, I get it at a great discount by using it during NaNo and 'winning'. I think I am going to see how it works to also set up information for my classes I am working on. Or maybe use either Evernote or Windows Notebook for being at least semi-organized on class content.

But regardless of the future plans, I did make it and am pleased with what is on paper and out of my head so far. 

Now for the hard work!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! And keep on with it- I can't wait to read it when it's a published masterpiece. :)
    Also, good to know that Scrivener for Mac is a good solution. I've been considering it, myself. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts