Week In Review - March 26 - April 1

It has been a 'wild' week to say the least. Big decision was made...

I am leaving my job at the library! I handed in my notice and it looks like May 5 will be my last day.

I had already let them know I would be leaving next year due to us moving back to North Carolina. However, recent events are proving that juggling my work schedule (part-time that it is) and Texter's school schedule (which will only get worse her last two semesters), not to mention the housework and cooking and all that 'other' stuff is...well, way too much.

I have to say I was a bit worried the girls would be 'no, you can't quit. you need the extra money and insurance'. When in fact they said, 'great idea. we'll get it figured out!'

So now I feel 100 pounds lighter and sleeping a bit better now I know part of what causes me stress is out of the way.

In the meantime...


We celebrated Lady K's fourth birthday with a trip to Billings, Montana and the zoo and the mall. Build-A-Bear is a little richer for it.

Texter's Spring Break was filled with homework. Not much of a break for her. However, I babysat on Saturday while she helped a friend at a local craft fair. Of which, Lady K and I attended.


Among my purchases was this little stone guy for Savvy (maybe). And a few other stones...


And a pair of earrings made by a local Native American artist...


Now I want my ears pierced with a second hole. I don't want to take out my sapphire studs to wear these. But I did take note when I was going through my pictures...


hmmm...do I see a trend in colors here?

And I'm not pulling out 2-3 pairs of Lularoe tights in similar colors!

But my prize purchase at the fair...


A wooden seam ripper and awl!

The ends are removable and flip to tuck into the wooden base. How cool!
The wood is maple and hopefully I can hang onto this seam ripper.

And while this past week has been up and down and back again, hopefully the coming week will mellow out some.

For the coming week...

  • Lead a National Card and Letter Writing Kick-off at the library (for which I am very unprepared for)
  • Lead another Writer's Roundtable (and will hopefully be more prepared)
  • Go to an Orchid Society meeting where we will be repotting plants 
  • A day trip to Freezeout Lake and Cataract Falls and hopefully, no bears!
  • Learn to cook pho from my day tripping buddy! (Only if we didn't have to prove who was fastest zebra from the bears.)
  • Continue work on several fiber projects
  • Write! It's Camp NaNoWriMo and I haven't even put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard)!

Off for more coffee and to stir the pot of spaghetti sauce!

Comments

Popular Posts