Tuesday Sundries - Tea Drops and Enlighten Up!

This past Saturday I was fortunate enough to have the day to myself. I was eagerly anticipating the Fish Fry at the Methodist Church up the road. I love fish and I'm the only one in the family who eats it.

Also on Saturday, I was anticipating a visit to Enlighten Up! which was offered by the Council of Esoteric Professionals. Or in other words, a psychic fair.

After a quick stop at Target for a toaster and Starbucks for a Toasted White Chocolate coffee, I headed up the road. 

It was really small. As in I could have hosted it in my living room. There were about a dozen 'readers' of different sorts, but I wasn't feeling a reading. So I browsed the half dozen vendors. 

I left with two chakra bracelets and a necklace. 


I have had my eye on one of these for a long time. I got one for me and one for Savvy. My bracelet has a small Buddha head on the backside. Besides the colored beads for the chakras, there is lava stone beads filling it out. I can put some essential oils on them to make it a scented bracelet.

What I am finding after wearing it for a couple of days as it is a reminder to stop and breathe. I can easily allow myself to go off on silly stuff - like stupid drivers - when I should just relax and let it go. And I am amused (and liking) the fact it is on my wrist with my Apple Watch - modern and old on the same wrist.


I also picked up this necklace. It called to me for some reason. I was going to let Texter have it, but maybe not. The stone is a quartz crystal which has been heated and had titanium applied to it. 

But Saturday didn't end with that!

I received my order from TeaDrops

I don't remember where I came across them, but I have had them bookmarked for several months now. I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and place an order when I saw they had a Thai Tea 'kit'.

Their premise is tea which is dried and pressed into 'drops'. You just drop them into hot water and ta-da - a cup of hot tea. No bags, no loose tea leaves, just a cup of nice tea. I thought they would really come in handy for work as anyone can generally come up with a cup of hot water.


I ordered a sampler pack which comes with a dozen 'drops' of different flavors. (I already let Savvy have a couple to sample.)

Unfortunately, at least to me, I have a love/hate relationship with hot tea. That's the issue. Hot! Ice is supposed to be iced and sweet. And I would so love to enjoy hot tea more. There is something so 'civilized' and calming about a cup of tea. I'm trying.


I pulled out one of my 'china' cups and selected the Sweet Peppermint to try first. I know I like mint and the 'sweet' is a no-brainer.


So I plopped my tea drop into the mug of hot water.


And within seconds I had a cup of tea. 

There is some very, very fine sediment in the cup, so it doesn't totally dissolve. But it's very nice. I can see taking this in my purse to work. 

I am awaiting a review from Savvy on the Thai Tea. 


The 'kit' comes with five drops and five packets of sweetened condensed milk.

I gave three sets and the box to Savvy and two will be heading to Montana to Miss Oklahoma. She is responsible for introducing Savvy and me to Thai Tea to begin with. The only problem with Thai tea is you have to make a pitcher of it at a time. And if you are the only one drinking it in the household it is a bit much. And since both of them work, I though this would be a great idea to take to work or to come home and be able to have a glass quickly and easily.

But now back to NaNoWriMo writing and sipping on my Sweet Peppermint tea.


Comments

Popular Posts