Week in Review - November 18 - 24

WHEW! 

What a week it has been!

I started my seasonal position at GameStop on Thanksgiving Day. Twenty hours in three days! But it was so much fun. I'm a bit of an anomaly, being a grey-haired granny in a gaming store, but the people I work with are fantastic and the customers were great. Had a fantastic time - mentally!

Physically, my body was going 'what the hell are you doing!?' I am not used to being on my feet for several hours anymore and I would go home and soak in the tub. But by Saturday, it was much better. A note to self - MOVE YOUR ASS MORE!

But with a work-from-home-job which you have to do at the computer, I tend to forget.

Plus...

In the name of 'job research', I purchased a couple of new video games. However, it seems my issue is going to be this...



Texter had bought the latest Spyro game and Lady K had watched her intently. So when I picked her up from Mr. Race Car's house where they had been after Thanksgiving lunch, she wanted to play. So I set her up. And off she went.

But I think I might invest in this for her...


These should make it a bit easier for her to handle than the adult-sized controller. She is loving playing with the 'dragon' and running into stuff.

I have a couple of other games in order to expand my knowledge base of video games. Now to find time to play them a bit.

Back to the week...

The first part of the week was spent cooking and prepping for Thanksgiving. I thought I was keeping it 'small', but looking at my fridge and knowing what Savvy took home and what I sent with Texter to Mr. Race Car's house, my mind said 'keep it small' and my reality said 'cook everything'. But it has been nice as I could come home and heat up something without having to cook.

Texter and Lady K went to Mr. Race Car's house Thanksgiving evening and I picked up Lady K Saturday after work to give Texter a bit of a rest because she starts her new job on Monday and it's a long day. She's ready to get to work (and so am I).

It was nice to come home after work and being hurting and wanting a hot bath and not have to worry about anyone being there. On the other hand, it's back to a bit of a routine Monday and I'm looking forward to knocking out wordcount for NaNoWriMo (I'm so behind) as I am not scheduled at GameStop this coming week.

I did a bit of setting up on my 2019 planner while they were gone the past few days.


The cover on the red 2019 Hobonichi Weeks was actually on my 2018 Weeks. I didn't think it would fit since my 2019 one is a 'mega' and has more pages. But it fit. I think it got stretched this past year and it fits nicely. But I will start using it for recording finances starting in December. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 4 books
  • 4 days out of 7 over 5000 steps (aiming for 10,000 a day)
  • Wrote 3 posts

The coming week...

  • Tons of writing
  • Tons of work-from-home
  • Seeing the latest Fantastic Beasts movie hopefully
  • Some video game 'research'
  • Taking more pictures

But for now, more coffee...


Comments

Popular Posts